Bridges for Heroes is dedicated to supporting veterans and their families by providing up to $600/year to reimburse out-of-pocket healthcare expenses.
You may qualify for assistance if you meet these three criteria:
- General/Honorable Discharge (DD-214 required)
- Proof of current healthcare insurance coverage including: name of insured, dates of coverage, and proof of payment OR copies of paid receipts for out-of-pocket healthcare expenses that you have paid for this year (in $150 increments, up to $600 per year).
- Your Annual Household Income is less than (latest tax return required):
- Individual Veteran: $36,180
- Household of 2: $48,720
- Household of 3: $61,260
- Household of 4: $73,800
- Household of 5: $86,340
- Household of 6: $98,880
We want to make qualifying and receiving assistance as quick and painless as possible. To apply, simply click the link below and complete the on-line application. BEFORE you begin your on-line application please be prepared to attach a .pdf file (scanned image) or .jpg file (picture image) of the following three documents:
- Your DD-214 Form
- The first two pages of your most recent Federal 1040 Tax Return
- Proof of current healthcare insurance coverage including: name of insured, dates of coverage, and proof of payment OR copies of paid receipts for out-of-pocket healthcare expenses that you have paid for this year.
These documents will be used for verification purposes and must accompany your application in order for your application to be reviewed.
Once your application is complete and all documentation has been received and verified, you will receive an email notification of approval and funds availability, and a check will be mailed to you within three business days. If funding is not available at the time of your approval, you will be placed on a first come, first served list and you will be notified by email when funds become available and a check is on its way to you.
Click the button below to begin your application.